How do you package yourself to stand out in the crowd?
Don't wait to polish up your professional image!
Elevate yourself above the BLAH!
Investing in your personal brand goes beyond new shoes and updated wardrobe. Everyone is becoming their own paparazzi and brand ambassadors in today's world.
Don't wait until you don't have time to do this while you may be immersed in a new job search. The best time to implement this is when you already have a job/career. It's a good time to document and organize your work in a visible way for career advancement.
> emerging from a degree or training program of any kind an ready to prepare this material?
> a creative in any field from art, to design, to interior design or arch, or music, writing, theater, etc. and ready to have your work presented in a professional way?
> in that necessary 1-5 years of experience gathering to advance to the next level or your dream employer or position?
> looking to shift careers and need a complete overhaul from the work you have, or cannot use the proprietary content you were involved in?
> or maybe you just have no time to freshen up your online presence on your own and would love some assistance.
The time is NOW! Let's work together.
Resumé's should be well designed, legible, and written cohesively and succinctly. With access to digital tools, more expectations of an online portfolio for any profession is expected.
What you need is a design coach to guide you through the design brand process to create consistency across all platforms just like a digital wardrobe.
BRAND YOU program starts with an evaluation and coaching consultation. Sign up for an initial free consultation where we will discuss your needs and goals for creating your comprehensive brand collateral which may include a system based off of several key components.
Your brand should communicate not only what you do as a creative, but highlight your strengths and skills with a concept that extends to a typographic and color system and potentially a logo that will be used to create a visual system from resume to digital profiles to an online portfolio.
Step 2 includes self-evaluation. You'll examine your strengths and weaknesses, skills and a goal assessment. You'll be asked to pull together examples of your work - from writing, to marketing campaigns, to design and beyond.
Step 3 will pass the baton to me as your designer and coach to develop your concepts to choose from rather than choosing an a.i. approach or a d.i.y. solution. Once you approve the direction, this will be implemented across the collateral material.
If you choose to do the rest of the work on your own, this is also a possibility to take my course.
IF YOU ONLY NEED ASSISTANCE ON YOUR RESUME, PLEASE VISIT THAT PAGE FOR DETAILS.
IF YOU ONLY NEED ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR WEBSITE, PLEASE VISIT THAT PAGE FOR DETAILS.
Working with meas your coach, you will go through a brief evaluation and interview process to assess your personality and 3 top skills that set you apart from the pack. Remember that people are hiring whom they want to work with if in fact all the prospects are of relatively equal qualifications. The network you build and your digital representation of your skills combined can make you a vital asset for anyone's team.
Elevate your brand beyond templates and auto-generators to instill your individuality and personality into all of the material that represents YOU!
BRAND YOU PACKAGE:
Working with Coach Val to elevate your brand will include the following:
- initial consultation (ranging between 30-60 minutes)
- an assignment of self-evaluation that you complete and submit for the conceptualization phase
- 3 concepts to choose from after submitting evaluation
- after choosing concept, you will receive a brand proposal of 3 visual options which will include image, type, and color system
- you may select one, or decide to combine them
- one review for edits before moving to finalization of this system
- upon approval of the final system, will move to design and writing of your resumé (should submit at least a document file)
- resumé will be designed within your brand framework and provided for up to 2 reviews and editing.
I will organize and write your information and design the document in InDesign or Illustrator providing you with a pdf, jpg and native file.
- upon completion of resumé, will move to designing or redesigning your web presence. preferred platform is wix so that you can have access and update your own work in the future. additional charges may apply for squarespace, wordpress or other services.
- you should submit all of your material to be uploaded via a google drive link, or have an existing account with imagery. any images that need to be edited will incur an additional charge of $30/hr for photoshop work.
This process could take on average 2 months but as long as 6 months based on receiving information and correspondence in a timely basis. If you prefer the work sooner, please consider a rush charge of additional $499.
Additional edits beyond the base established will incur additional charge of $30/hr discounted from standard of $75/hr.
Feeling like you want to learn branding while you create your own?
Then opt for my comprehensive course BRAND:ME
which will take you through the similar process, but you will do all the designing yourself receiving feedback from me on the work as you go.
May add additional time for consultation in blocks of 2 hrs video conference and email support for $75 as an add-on.
- a skills analysis and goal assessment
- overview of branding and brand stories
- what is figure/ground, gestalt, and visual hierarchy in the design process
- concept development: using the skills analysis and goal assessment you'll embark on a creative thinking process to begin your own brand design process
- design your own brand and brand story
- discover the importance of a brand identity guideline (skills that could be added to your arsenal)
- learn how to design your resume to be clear, legible, and written in a way that is cohesive while showing qualitative and quantifying data - go beyond bullet points!
- discover simple approach to translating your brand across the digital platform
- get feedback on creating a simple online portfolio (if you choose to go in this direction)
- receive coaching feedback on your online profiles such as LinkedIn or Indeed
- learn about resources available to produce your print collateral - such as having a business card to share on your nomad journey or the network events you attend
- discover tips for writing cover letters
Are you interested in adding more graphic design and creative thinking skills to your resume for that job promotion or better-than -lateral move?
Check out my the program I've created for you!
Based on years of moving from professor to coach and creating a dynamic, fun, and innovative curriculum, I have developed a core sequence of 5 courses that are a condensed version of the required 10 classes typical for a design degree (the rest is usually general education or other requirements to reach 40 classes at U.S. standards) at average cost of $3500-5000 usd at most Universities.
So for the price of less than one class you can learn the ins and outs of graphic design and creative thinking that could boost your qualifications and skill set to nab that new job you have your eyes on. Keep scrolling for more info!
MEMBERSHIP PLANS & BUNDLES
Choose any TWO lessons and receive 20% off.
Choose any THREE lessons and receive 30% off.
PAY MONTHLY FOR 12 MONTHS AND RECEIVE 35% OFF ALL 7 LESSONS
PREPAY FOR ALL 7 LESSONS AND RECEIVE 40% OFF
Become a patron member for $30/month includes one scheduled 20 min call a month plus 10% off any lesson,
Become a patron member for $40/month includes two scheduled 20 min call (or one 45 minute session) plus 15% off any lesson.
Critique your portfolio - $35 includes 20-30 min skype consult
WANT MORE THAN JUST A LESSON?
MOST PEOPLE TEACH THE WAY THEY WERE TAUGHT. I'VE SPENT THE LAST 2 DECADES CHALLENGING THAT AND MOVED FROM PROFESSOR TO COACH EARLY ON.
MANY TRADITIONAL PROGRAMS AT THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY LEVEL ARE STILL GROUNDED IN A MODERNIST APPROACH IN A POSTMODERN WORLD.
CURRICULUM IN INSTITUTIONS TAKES A LONG TIME TO CHANGE DUE TO THE INTERNAL SYSTEMS, CHECKS AND BALANCES OFTEN TIMES THROUGH AN APPROVAL PROCESS THAT INCLUDES MAJORITY NON-DESIGNER FACULTY.
THIS PROGRAM CONDENSES THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF A CURRICULUM INCLUDING 10 CLASSES (that on average costs 25k) INTO 5 COURSES, plus an in person experience. Take into consideration that 5 college classes average 2,500-3,500 per class or on avg 12.5k if taken one at a time. 5 classes is typical load for one semester so divide tuition which is a bulk rate by 2).
THE METHODOLOGY FOR THESE CLASSES INCLUDES SPEED PROBLEMS WHICH ARE TO FLEX THE CREATIVE MUSCLES IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME, DEMONSTRATIONS OF TECHNOLOGY FOR EACH LEVEL, REFERENCES TO CONTEMPORARY AND HISTORICAL DESIGN EXAMPLES, AND MULTIPLE PROJECTS THAT TAKE YOU THROUGH A COMPLETE DESIGN PROCESS. You will be encouraged to explore in the design process and learn to recognize happy accidents as a creative philosophy for innovation.